Pickering Creek is home to hundreds of species of flora and fauna, many of which are rarely found in preserved abundance on the Eastern Shore. Please follow these simple rules during your visit to ensure that other visitors can enjoy all that is here as well.
The center is open from dawn until dusk every day to explore.
Office hours are Monday – Friday, 9AM – 5PM and closed on holidays and weekends.
- Pets are allowed on the gravel drive as long as they are kept on a leash no longer than 6 feet. Please clean up after you pet.
- In order to protect fragile wildlife and vegetation, please hike on designated trails.
- For your safety and the safety of others, alcohol, firearms, weapons, and fires are not allowed at Pickering Creek.
- Motorized vehicles and bicycles are restricted to gravel roads. Please maintain the 15 mph speed limit, wildlife may be crossing.
- During your visit, please take nothing but pictures to preserve natural and cultural objects for others to enjoy.
- Pickering Creek observes a "Carry-In/Carry-Out" trash policy. Please bring along a trash bag to take waste and recyclables with you when you leave.
- For the safety of our education animals, apply bug spray outside of buildings.
- Challenge course elements are for staff-led program use only.
- Canoes are available for Pickering Supporters and Audubon members. The boat launch is open to individual visitors with their own canoe or kayak. Please check in at the office to become a member and start your adventure!
Thank you and enjoy your time at Pickering Creek!