Our trails are open from 7am-7pm
We need your help to make sure we are able can stay open!
Please follow our guidelines below to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
Before you Visit
- All buildings and facilities are closed (including restrooms).
- Dogs are currently not permitted. Wildlife has taken terrific advantage of nesting, feeding and resting at Pickering this spring in the absence of humans and canines.
- Bikes are not permitted on trails.
- Please carry out anything you bring in.
- Print or download a trail map at home—there will be no paper maps on site.
- Pack a mask/face covering and hand sanitizer.
- If the parking lot is full, please come back another time.
- Park only in designated areas; do not park on the road, in fields not designated for parking. Please do not congregate in the parking lot.
- Wear or bring your mask with you; wear it if you see other visitors nearby.
- Do not gather in groups of people outside of your household.
- Keep at least 6 feet apart from staff and other visitors.
- Avoid high-touch surfaces such as benches, picnic tables.
On the Trails
- Wear a mask if there are other visitors nearby.
- Be sure to stay at least 6 feet apart from others.
- Step aside to allow others to pass.
- One solo hiker or family group on viewing platforms at a time.
Thank you for caring for our sanctuary as much as we do. Please stay safe and healthy!
- More than four miles of walking trails
- Bird viewing blinds and platforms
- Freshwater pond
- 120-acres restored non-tidal wetland
- 100 acres of hardwood forest
- Successional scrub/shrub habitat
- Herb garden maintained by the Chesapeake Bay Herb Society
- Water access for individuals launching Canoes or Kayaks